Job Title: Business Development Director, Telecoms, Media and Utilities Sector
Based: UK based – prefer within an hour’s travel to office locations in London, Huntingdon, Leicester or Tewkesbury
Be the lead and owner of customer sales in the Telecoms, Media and Utilities vertical market and as such be accountable for the achievement of the annual sales budget in this sector.
To develop the sales strategy and plan for the sector, detailing scope and size of the market,
identifying and prospecting into key target accounts (and key Executive contacts within) together with developing the appropriate schedule of activities required to help generate sales pipeline and close opportunities to achieve the annual sales target (including marketing, PR, industry events, etc).
Individual holding the role to also be responsible for assisting our clients sales management in developing the overall sales plan and go to market strategy for the UK.
• Be the UK sales representative for all new business opportunities in the Telecoms, Media and Utilities vertical market and accountable for delivering the annual revenue forecast.
• Identify key targets within the vertical market and execute the engagement plan
• Be responsible for developing and overseeing the plan for sales-related (support) activities and events needed to generate awareness and sales opportunities within the vertical market
• Provide regular pipeline, deal and prospecting activity reports and actions being taken to close
• Work closely with peers in the New Business, Account Management and Sales Support (including Marketing, Bid Management and Solutions) organisations to raise our clients awareness, capabilities and industry reputation
• Help evaluate the feasibility of new service offerings and enhance the services offered by our client in this vertical market
• Develop and progress new business deals in line with our clients sign off process, respecting gates for contract revenue, EBIT, payment terms and other minimum standards
• Be responsible for initiating/developing, and seeking approval for investments in the vertical markets required to generate customer attention and interest in relevant market propositions - breakfast briefings, trade events, whitepapers, PR etc
• Operate in line with corporate expense policy in terms of cost incurred in generating opportunities, pipeline and sales in the vertical market sector.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.