As the Sales Manager you will manage an experienced team of 2 account managers and new business developers whilst carrying your own individual target.
You will be responsible for developing and proactively building a successful sales team through strong controls, leadership and reporting.
Specialising in Business Process Management, Electronic Document Management and Intelligent Data Capture technologies, Document Solutions our client has delivered back-to-back years of profit and growth in difficult economic times. Following a change in its current Sales Management, we now seeks to appoint a sales hungry Sales manager with the credibility and consummate skills to accelerate its growth and share in its success.
• Manage and drive your sales organisation to meet all targets and KPI’s
• Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and fully explored within the sales process.
• Manage a successful and sustainable sales organisation respected as best in class
• Develop a strong strategic vision for Document Solutions
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of client’s business needs and marketing objectives.
• You will be responsible for the management and results of the existing and future sales team:
o Provide strong leadership, motivation and mentoring
o Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
o Implement appropriates strategies to drive growth
o Provide clear objectives and targets.
o Target management, appraisals, disciplinary action, KPI's
o Deliver on time monthly and performance reports
o Training and sales development
o Effective use and management of Sage CRM
• You will be responsible for managing your own sales activities including:
o Key account management, New Business development
o Identifying and building new markets
o Achieving agreed financial goals – quarterly and annually, and all other KPI’s as set.
o Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting
o Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the account management team.
o Managing and maintaining a sales pipeline and all sales administration in accordance with processes
o Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation within agreed processes
o Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
o You will effectively interact with other departments including the account management and technical team
o Keeping abreast of issues affecting prospect sectors and collecting competitor intelligence
Essential Experience/Skills • A successful track record within sales
• You will have sold IT solutions, software solutions and services and will be able to penetrate organisations at a senior and executive level.
• An excellent business understanding and solution approach to selling
• Ability to identify new revenue opportunities and streams
• Be able to engender excellent team spirit and passion
• Be an excellent communicator and a motivational leader
• Ability to manage your own diary and time management
• You will have a proven experience in business development
• Ability to work-in/lead a tight successful team and add value across the whole business unit
Desired Experience/Skills • Previous sales management experience in software sales
• Experience in the Document management or Document solutions market place
• Knowledge of the Local Government, Public sector, Financial or Insurance market
Personal Attributes • A high level of written, oral and presentation skills
• Professional in nature with strong business acumen.
• Ability to work at ‘C’ level
• A self starter by nature you will have the ability present effectively and think on your feet.
• An ambitious professional who has a real hunger for success
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.