3 month contract - immediate start
- Assist production team to deliver printed requirements of the client. Largely DM orientated collateral.
- To process client orders
- To deal with client enquiries on the phone and via email and face to face.
- To proactively manage customer orders, ensuring budgets are met and print production processes are followed.
- Assist with providing reports as required
- To work actively with the production team to deliver the highest level of customer service possible.
- To purchase print from an approved supplier base
- Assist in spotting opportunities to group orders and increase print “better buying” opportunities.
- To help in the growth and development of all clients
- To manage suppliers ensuring quality and service is to a high standard
- Ensure that all best practices are followed
Financial: (e.g. budgets/income, assets, contract values etc)
Assist with providing weekly accurate forecasts
Assist with influencing forecast bank to stretch
Assist with team GP targets
Ensure variances there are no variances
Build relationships with key customers to ensure maximum level of activity is managed.
Non-financial: (e.g. invoices processed, queries taken, calls made etc)
Meeting all client SLA’s
Ensure the you are working within the approved supply chain
Ensuring that no more that 1 non-conformance per month
Maintaining all ISO procedures
Knowledge & Skills Required:
A minimum of 3 years experience in managing and delivering Direct Mail campaigns.
A minimum of 3 years experience in managing and buying print services, including B1/B3/B3 Litho, Screen Printing, Digital printing and wide format.
A minimum of 5 years experience in managing client requests.
Account management experience beneficial
- To ensure clients orders are delivered on time
- To work effectively with suppliers and other third parties, responding as appropriate to queries about orders in production.
- To deal with and escalate all non-conformances within 48hrs
- To work to the specific SLA’s set out within the client’s accounts.
- To raise any system issues with the Senior Production Manager to ensure a streamlined production process is maintained.
- To purchase print at the most competitive price and the most appropriate supplier.
- To proactively monitor the quality of production output supplied by the printer, seeking feedback from both internal and external customers and communicating the feedback appropriately within the team.
- To work with Senior Production Manager to make sound judgements about when to act and when to check, and about appropriate solutions and relevant action.
- To propose and if approved, investigate and assist with implementing innovative ways of delivering the print services that are within the remit of the role.
- To work proactively and on their own initiatives and with production team
- To be self-motivated, working with little supervision and communicating clearly with line manager about own development needs.
- To be discrete about all confidential personal information.
- To project a positive image of the organisation to external audiences.
Impact and Accountability
- To ensure all production orders are managed through the approved supply chain, are authorised in accordance with production process and supported by appropriate original documentation e.g. POD’s client PO’s etc.
- To contribute actively to the development of all Marketing policies and procedures.
- To ensure the client experience is as positive as possible, but clear communication through telephone and backed up on email.
- To keep abreast of, leading edge production and manufacturing capabilities within the market, appraise the organisation with, and assist with the implementation of changes in systems.
- To have knowledge of ways to reduce costs to clients, but new or different methods of production.
People Management and Development
- To act as a team player and support the team where possible
- To be an effective member of the team.
The post holder is expected to be able to organise and prioritise workload, especially around client delivery dates/services quality and innovation, and have the flexibility to respond to increases in workload/tight deadlines. Some working outside of normal office hours might be required to meet deadlines, but this is not expected to be regular.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.