If you currently work in a digital environment we would like to hear from you. Unfortunately this vacancy is not open to Litho, Gravure or Flexo candidates.
You will be responsible for the management and coordination of plant operations including repro, Digital print, finishing ,warehouse, and maintenance consistent to improve our client's performance in shipping , inventory, and throughput.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and the management of the company’s entire process of print production. This includes the supply chain management for all print production requirements, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to customers.
• Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operation
• Lean initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities and materials
• Assure delivery of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers expectations
• Implement lean thinking and deliver continuous improvement
• Liaising with other departments e.g. suppliers and managers
• Supervising and motivating a team of workers
• Reviewing worker performance
• Indentifying training needs
• Working with the fulfilment team to develop pick and pack to delivery
• Working with managers to implement the companies policies and goals
• Ensuring health and safety guideline are followed
• Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
• To work with commercial manager on planning
• Knowledge of lean working practices
• KPI setting and reporting
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Lead by example
• Be a positive role model
• Adhere to the standards they demand of others
Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organization and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
**Please supply CV in word rather than PDF***
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.