We are looking for a team leader who will take overall responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the assigned stitching-line, stitching-drum, polybagging or binding line.
Candidates must have experience of Ferag Unidrum Stitching lines or Mullerr Martini Supra.
This position reports to the Shift Manager
Content of the position
• Responsibilities include the controlling, organising, tasking and development of crew, the control and use of material resources, quality, output / achievement of schedules, Health & Safety and equipment care and maintenance.
• Responsibility to minimise any potential delays in the process that would cause delays to agreed schedules and lead to equipment standing time.
• Responsibility to reduce waste to a minimum due to the high cost of raw material.
• To manage and monitor a small team assigned to a machine
• To ensure maximum potential output and quality is achieved for the shift period
• To take responsibility for all materials required to fulfil job requirement for shift
• To take responsibility to pass jobs for quality and must ensure sample/file copies are available to agreed timescales
• To ensure the equipment is maintained to the highest level ensuring optimum performance
• To ensure the equipment and environment is operated and cared for, meeting all current Health & Safety legislation and conforming to our clients standards
• To strive to continuously improve process efficiency, eliminating unnecessary costs from the business
• He/She is responsible for communicating maintenance/breakdown requirements to service personnel
• Working with manufacturing team, involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
• To ensure the housekeeping of the working area is maintained at all times
• To ensure appropriate handovers are provided between shifts and departments
• To support the Shift Managers and Department Managers on operational issues as required
• Will be involved actively is staff recruitment, selection, training, development and appraisal as required
• May also be required to apply discipline, council or re-direct as appropriate in line with Company policies
• Must undertake key tasks/objectives as required from time to time
• May also be required to fulfil duties of a floating crew member, who is not fixed to a machine
***Please supply CV in word rather than PDF***
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.