Our client is a major player internationally in the sector they serve. Based in Inverness.
Position Summary: Responsible for contributing solutions to the development of effective and safe manufacturing processes for the packaging & labeling of products that achieve the company’s quality standards.
Offers creative and innovative package ideas for the development of new packing & labeling procedures, and continuously seeks to improve existing procedures. Works closely with the manufacturing and Quality Assurance personnel to minimize the amount of rework that is required. Recommends proper materials, artwork layout/dielines and processes. Participates in prototype design, and assist to develop functional testing protocols.
Supports interdepartmental artwork development by means of specification and dieline verification. Provides Packaging Engineering assistance to support the success of final printed materials.
1. Proven ability to successfully complete projects per scheduled timelines.
2. Decision making to identify problems and respond in order to resolve it using good judgment. (Includes applying critical thinking for complex issues to escalate as needed to higher supervisor or manager for the proper course of resolution.)
3. Output: new/revised of product bills of materials, assembly instructions, verification reports of testing and assessment completed.
4. Provide support to other departments, such as Technical Support, as needed.
5. Support Process Validation of packaging & labeling materials.
6. Document manufacturing work instructions and procedures and recommend specific improvements to them.
7. Responsible for reviewing artwork specification sheets, and implementing changes in documentation as determined in compliance to SOP’s.
8. Resolve dieline and/or materials quality issues that are assigned trouble-shooting tasks in order to provide input and recommendations concerning corrective and preventive actions.
9. Supervise or conduct materials testing, and create completion reports. (Perform and coordinate package testing according to established protocols.)
10. Work with suppliers of packaging materials and/or contract-packaging vendors to obtain price/cost estimates, sample/material needs and design requirements.
11. Support new product line launch.
12. Improve the quality, stability, and consistency of packaging & labeling materials with new and/or improved processes and equipment.
13. Suggest new or modified design and materials for improved packaging & labeling.
14. Work with outside/inside suppliers to design, implement, and troubleshoot process to reduce costs and improve efficiency and quality. (Suggest solutions to reduce waste disposal.)
15. Maintain awareness of relevant technology and material qualities.
16. Prioritizes multi-assignments with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: College degree in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent years of experience as a supporting PE in the medical device & diagnostics packaging & labeling industry. (PE License a plus.) Three years minimum experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Working knowledge of workflow software. (D2L preferred.)
• MS word and MS excel.
• Adobe Acrobat
• Outlook, or equivalent email system.
• A plus, working knowledge of In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
***Please supply CV in word rather than PDF***
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.