We are looking for a talented Artworker who will be responsible for maintaining the standard of artwork that emanates from the internal Marketing department of our client company.
The Artworker will be responsible for maintaining the standard of artwork that emanates from the internal Marketing department.
• Experience: 3 to 4 years
• Proficient artworking, typesetting, and layout skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Apple computer and software; principally InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of marketing processes, particularly direct mail and email design, is preferable.
• Good working knowledge of production cycle and print technology
• Understanding of print and imaging processes and good working knowledge of litho and digital printing and their limitations
• Working knowledge of digital artwork processes, its limitations and needs within the design process
• A positive attitude as well as good ‘people skills’. Able to negotiate effectively and communicate on all levels
• Good organisation skills
• Working consistently within our branding guidelines
• Creating artwork for print or press from initial Marketing brief to pre-press artwork
• Working on and advancing approved concepts to a finished product – for print or electronic transmission
• Mocking up artwork for some of our key clients to demonstrate new formats, design and innovation
• Ensuring all jobs worked on go through a pre-flight check before sending to print
• Communicating with other team members any developments or problems as they arise
• Ensuring the Marketing Manager is fully informed about the project at all stages
• Being fully conversant with the admin processes of the department, such as business, project and administration processes
• Being aware of deadlines for jobs, and letting the Marketing Manager know if these will not be met
• Liaising confidently with external suppliers and printers.
Must have the ability to produce high-quality materials when provided with the following elements: text, imagery, colour palette and corporate branding guidelines. Must also have a disciplined approach when adhering to the rules and guidelines set out. Where necessary, should have the ability to make judgements on corporate identity issues, to maintain and in some cases push the boundaries to ensure a quality look and feel to the design.
Should demonstrate a concern for quality of results, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Must check work carefully and ensure all jobs worked on are signed off by the agreed stakeholders of individual projects before sending to print
Project and Time Management
Will demonstrate good time and project management. Will take brief and carry out required instructions liaising with the Marketing Manager if issues arise.
Drive and Enthusiasm
Will work with energy and enthusiasm, taking responsibility and ownership of projects. Should be determined to achieve results and be prepared to put in extra effort when required. Should take responsibility for own development; seeking and acting on feedback concerning own performance.
Must speak clearly and concisely, ensuring all important information is communicated. Should ask relevant questions to ensure understanding. When required, should produce clear and well-structured written communications.
***Please supply CV in word rather than PDF***
Your CV will be reviewed by the consultant handling the assignment within 24 hours from the time you apply. Should you not hear back within 7 days it means that on this occasion your experience/ skill set didn’t match what our client is looking for. We would love to go back to every applicant and explain why it is not a good match however unfortunately in today’s market, even with the 7 day operating we introduced 2 years ago, it is administratively impossible to do this. Please rest assured that if you match the criteria you will be contacted, usually within 1 day, but no later than 3 days from the time of your application.
Key words Artworker Mac Operator.
Key words Harrison Scott Associates Print Recruitment Packaging Recruitment Paper Recruitment
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.