This is an exciting opportunity with a large plc for an experienced Head of Projects or Service Delivery looking for their next career move or a new challenge.
The role involves managing a team of project managers and technical consultants and the implementation of a service delivery methodology within a rapidly expanding business unit. This will require collaboration across a number of stakeholders, excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task to meet delivery deadlines in a fast paced and high profile environment.
You will lead the service delivery team in planning and delivery of diverse internal and client projects, building and maintaining close working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple operations, IT, solution design and senior management as well as external client delivery teams.
You will be the face of both project delivery and transition services within the organisation; the senior point of contact for all matters relating to the transition of service streams into the business and the escalation point should issues arise within projects.
The role will involve the development and implementation of a project management methodology that is customer service focused. This is a senior role within the business reporting directly to a senior director..
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Essential that you have practical and theoretical understanding of project management best practice
• Professionally qualified; both Prince 2 and MSP.
• Educated to degree level.
• Superb planning and organisational skills
• Natural ability to continuously drive improvement and ensure optimal process and practices
• You must come from a commercial background
• Ability to adapt and tailor approach to suit projects of varying complexity and value (£100K -£15M)
• Experience working in business process outsourcing, business services or customer communication management services will be highly advantageous
• Previous experience managing and developing a team of project managers is essential
• 5 years’ experience (minimum) as leading service delivery and complex commercial projects
• Experience in establishing a new PMO will be advantageous
• Calm under pressure with a practical, “can do” approach when faced with challenging situations
• Hands on attitude; leads by example
• Ability to identify opportunities within the business when faced with commercial challenges.
• Dynamic, results driven individual - capable of inspiring and motivating at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail
• Outstanding communicator with strong written skills
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.