The position of Business Development Director is responsible for promoting our client’s innovative print solutions.
Along with new revenue generation, the Director, Business Development must also play a leadership role in ensuring a best-in-class experience for the customer following the sale. This business is all about selling innovative, "end-to-end" brand communication solutions that improve communication effectiveness and dramatically reduce operating complexity and costs. Our client has the expertise and integration capability to do this efficiently across Europe.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Secure New Customers – Lead the New Business Development efforts of the organisation, in a classic "hunter" role. Identify, secure and expand strategic, profitable long-term customer engagements. With selling cycle times of 6-12 months, ensure there is a robust pipeline of qualified prospective customers, and lead the deployment of multifunctional resources to close the highest-priority customer opportunities via leading a team selling approach. At the appropriate time, new customers will be handled on an on-going basis by our client’s client management organisation.
• Expand Revenue via Cross-Sell – While a client management team will lead the day-to-day business of existing customers, the Business Development Director will play a key role in supporting this team with identifying new business opportunities with existing customers. These “opportunities” should expand revenue by delivering enhanced value across a broader solution set, and the Business Development Director should be closing those sales with the appropriate internal partners for each situation. As such, this Business Development Director must have excellent multifunctional collaboration skills, both internally and externally.
• Solutions Thought Leadership – The Business Development Director is responsible for ongoing understanding of key customer practices and insights (e.g., critical “pain points”) to continually identify future value-added solutions of mutual benefit to the customer. This includes ensuring the appropriate capabilities which are required to deliver customer solutions, are clear, such that our client can consistently deliver on promises made at the time of sale.
• Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
• Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical & strategic)
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
• Influencing (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal)
• Negotiation skills (proven ability to seek and close the right deals)
• Complex problem-solving (create options, then converge)
• Innovative and creative thinking (need fresh thinking)
• Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
• Organised and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
• Strong presentation skills
• Results focused team player; collaborative and inclusive
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Energised by an entrepreneurial environment; comfortable "doing the work"
• Entrepreneurial spirit and work habits
• Persistent and resilient
• Open, honest and genuine
• Passionate and committed
• Creative and imaginative
• Relationship oriented vs. transaction oriented
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.