With offices in Glasgow our client is one of the UK’s leading companies in the sector they serve. They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to assume full control of the finance function and play a critical role in the commercial development of the business.
The successful candidate will manage the timely production of accounts, budgeting and forecasting and providing key financial information to support the commercial decision making process. A positive energetic attitude with a can-do approach to the task in hand is very important, as well as the appropriate professional qualifications and strong commercial acumen. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have previous experience of working on an autonomous basis and presenting to Board level, together with strong systems and communication skills.
Skills & qualifications
• Qualified Accountant, Certified or Chartered. – Ideally ACA qualified from one of the Big4 or top tier practice.
• Commercially minded and can give examples of actions taken
• Positive and a good communicator. Ability to interact well with the senior management team
• Ambitious and energetic
• Good Sage / MIS / Excel experience is essential.
• Excellent numeracy and problem solving skills, having a creative mind to tackle complex problems
• Highly organised and a strong multi-tasker
• Confident at working cross functionally, engaging with multiple internal functions