A leading player in its field has an exciting opportunity for a highly driven Technical Manager to work in partnership with its clients, printer creative agencies and internal/external teams ensuring that designs are produced accurately to the standard required. You will also uphold brand integrity across all print processes using technical knowledge and to communicate accordingly with stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
1. Attend pre-production meetings to discuss print feasibility of proposed design routes (take ownership of the technical aspects). Ensure all responsible parties are aware of issues and actions required to ensure the smooth progress of all design and subsequent print.
2. Prepare a clear and concise brief detailing all technical elements on the artwork including any retouch instructions, repro elements and colour separations.
3. Launch work within the Management Information System. Check and modify workflow and product information when required.
4. Follow the production tracker to manage workload and liaise with the teams to ensure priorities are achieved.
5. Ensure all technical specifications are sourced from relevant printers and accurately recorded or modified on the print specification database.
6. Attend process and colour management meetings with printers when required.
7. Overseeing all fingerprint and colour profile requirements with printers.
8. Overseeing and/or arranging colour print approvals on press in Europe and the UK. Ensure printers are challenged to deliver the closest match to approved targets
9. Evaluating and approving colour standards and drawdowns. Communicate comments/approvals to relevant stakeholders
10. Review printed samples and evaluate the accuracy achieved against supplied colour standards (PQM). Issue feedback report to the client, suppliers, printers and account manager as required.
11. Support and implement “live” PQM systems. This will involve working closely with the Colour Management team, printers, clients and other departments for implementation
12. When necessary, present reports and technical information on project work
13. Conduct print technical training programmes to internal/external teams and clients when required
14. Source business opportunities with clients in connection with colour development/research/innovation and ad hock projects to drive revenue streams
15. Proactively build strong relationships with the supply chain and source any potential business opportunities
16. Work collaboratively with other GSP’s on pillar brands to ensure consistent results across all packaging types
17. Update PM’s/AD’s regularly on issues to improve efficiencies
18. Proactively resolve printer issues directly, keeping the PM’s informed
Skills and Competencies Required:
• Detailed knowledge of litho, flexo and gravure print processes.
• Understanding of colour management technology.
• Experience dealing directly with clients.
• Good knowledge of packaging formats and materials.
• An investigative and quizzical nature.
• Ability to challenge printers and suppliers to ensure all information is gathered and understood.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A methodical, thorough and detailed approach.
• Previous experience working in the print or pre-press industry.