This client is looking for someone to spend 4 days of the week working in their Packhouses across the UK and working from home, although 1 day of the week you will be based in the office in Kent with the team. The role would certainly be suited to a young career starter, looking to build up experience. The candidate would be the link between the office and on site, Implementing new lines, NPD and problem solving.
As a packaging technologist you will cover all areas of development, day to day and future prospects.
To Identify, trial and make commercial-ready new packaging technologies for on-shelf and supply chain purposes.
Control packaging specifications and implement changes at Packhouse level.
Monitor retailer packaging compliance at Packhouse level
• Be point of reference for packaging legality
• Work with the Packaging Manager to ensure effective resolution of any packaging related issues
• Work with the Packaging buyer, NPD, commercial, Marketing and operational departments to develop innovative packaging that is fit for purpose
• Maintaining supplier and internal packaging specifications in line with other depts..
• Carry out audits of packaging suppliers to ensure compliance to standards
• Ensuring Packaging compliance is kept up to date in line with live SKU’s