We are seeking a detail orientated professional to accurately create artwork for client, following client’s brand guidelines or design requirements, with the ability to create multilingual artwork whilst maintaining consistency across the complete range and ensure that all images and files are complete and ready for printing according to the printers’ specifications.
Ideally, the selected candidate will have a strong knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures, along with a solid experience of working within a prepress environment. Experience of the print industry and processes will be highly advantageous.
As Mid/Snr Artworker, you will be expected to fulfill the following roles & responsibilities:
• Ensure that all work is completed to client guidelines and to the standards outlined in the process and procedures
• Ensure artwork interpretation is achievable within print production constraints
• Prepare accurate artworks from approved design and brief
• Ensure client guidelines are followed
• Roll-out artwork across complicated multilingual packs from translation documents
• Develop and update master artworks and guideline documentation
• Ability to mentor new & junior staff, provide training to less experienced team members
• Responsibility for ensuring line and traffic managers are kept informed of the progress of the jobs they are working on, and any impact there is to the production plan
• To understand the importance of using systems and to record image retouching progress on jobs
• Providing colour proofs for client sign off
• To ensure that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedures
• To ensure all quality control procedures are adhered to and all relevant documents are completed
We are looking for someone who is a proficient Adobe Illustrator user. You must be an organised individual, with a demonstrated ability to plan production to meet timelines, along with exhibiting an ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting. Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are also a must.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.