We are looking for a high calibre candidate with at least 10 years’ experience working in the labels or packaging industry, and with the last 3 years at a Senior Manager level to play a key role in taking this fast-growing business in the South West to the next level. The person we seek will be an exceptionally strong manager who is used to leading from the front; leading the team daily with a pragmatic determination to complete and finish projects to plan and KPI.
As Operations Director, you will be responsibility for the implementation of operational strategy, management of the senior leadership team and the analysis of business performance. You will be expected to review business models and working practices to identify weaknesses and gaps, and implementing appropriate initiatives and change, and Communicating the performance of key operational functions to the Managing Director.
Our client is looking for someone who can implement a continuous improvement discipline (ie Lean or Six Sigma). The ideal candidate’s CV will therefore include a demonstrable track record of successfully programme managing strategic initiatives and transformation projects.
The successful candidate will tick the following boxes:
• Exemplary analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to quickly analyse problems and develop effective solutions
• Demonstrated proficiency in coaching and mentoring leaders and teams in the use and application of continuous improvement methodologies.
• Demonstrated proficiency leading cultural change, related to safety, quality and continuous improvement, in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in driving year-over-year cost reductions.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with all functional departments and employees
• Flexible and adaptive to change.
• Inspires and motivates others to perform well
• Well organised, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic with exceptional integrity.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.