A printing company specialising in high quality presentation products and luxury packaging is looking to grow their enthusiastic and dedicated team with the addition of a seasoned professional in the production of luxury packaging and presentation products.
Luxury Packaging/Rigid Box, POB and Special Finishing Operator in a fast paced and challenging printing environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Production of POB rigid boxes in short to medium run lengths. This will include all aspects of the production process including the operation of semi automatic equipment.
- Production of POB ring binders in short to medium run lengths. This includes the use of a casemaker, riveter, creaser etc.
- Foiling, embossing, debossing
- Die cutting folding carton boxes and presentation folders
- Managing and training a small team of casual workers to work on the production line/assembly etc
- Foiling and embossing/debossing using Hand fed or automatic foiling equipment
- Running rigid box making machinery (e.g. Crathern, Hongming)
- Running PoB casemakers (e.g. CMC Italia, Perondi)
- Hand finishing of rigid boxes
- Standard finishing techniques including guillotining, paper drilling etc
- Comfortable managing and training casual workers
Skills that would be advantageous
- Die cutting - Heidelberg Platen, Cylinder, Crossland (handfed), Bobst etc
- Zund/ cad cutter Operation for prototyping and short run production
- Knowledge of Cad software e.g. Impact, Artios, Kasemake
The candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Technically/mechanically minded
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on fiddly projects
- Good work ethic and time keeping
- Eager to learn
- Works well with others
- Accepts constructive criticism
- Not intimidated by change
- Helps others by passing on knowledge
- Goes the extra mile