This main role with one of our long standing clients is providing internal production support to one or more of the external sales team, handling the requirements for key customers and to help further develop sales with these accounts.
• Discussion with customers regarding the specification, production methods, artwork requirements, production scheduling and price for future work and work in progress
• From an estimate, purchase order received and artwork supplied, create detailed production information in the format, and to the requirements of the production department, dealing with any production issues prior to passing on to reprographics ensuring the work can be produced effectively
• Liaise with Production Managers and production staff throughout the production process
• Obtain estimates from suppliers for materials and services such as binding, packing and fulfilment, foiling and other finishes
• Purchasing of materials such as paper, envelopes, foils and other materials required in the production of work being managed
• Liaise with production and suppliers, booking work with suppliers and providing suitably detailed purchase orders for work placed with suppliers
• Liaise with Despatch and supplier to ensure delivery and collections of work, to and from the supplier
• Obtain the delivery information and delivery instructions from the customer
• Liaise with Despatch by providing a daily delivery requirement list for outwork and customer deliveries and through ongoing daily contact
• Attending the daily production meeting
• Produce detailed Estimates based on specifications supplied by the sales team or directly from the customer
• Support the sales team to find the best solution to meet the customer requirements
• Organise the production of mock-ups and obtaining of samples as requested by the customer
To be able to meet the requirements above, the candidate should have a good technical knowledge of commercial Litho and Digital printing and finishing. They would have experience in a similar role and would probably have some shop floor production experience. They will have knowledge in reprographics, printing and finishing [folding, various binding methods, embellishing finishes such as Laminating, Spot UV, Foiling, Embossing and Debossing, etc.] techniques.
They will have been using an MIS system such as Tharstern in previous roles, and should also be a competent user of Word and Excel. Basic experience with standard reprographics programs would be an advantage.
Knowledge of Large and Wide Format production would be very useful.
Ideally they would have a Driving Licence as the candidate may be required to visit suppliers to pass production or discuss the supplier’s requirements on specific production projects
The candidate needs to be an organised individual, able to quickly understand detailed instructions and communicate this information in a clear, concise and unambiguous way. They should be proactive and be prepared to challenge, in an appropriate way, information which does not appear to be meeting the customers’ requirements, ensuring they are provided with the instructions and information they require to do their job effectively.