Our client plans, creates and delivers printed and digital communication to some of the most influential household names.
We are on the search for a skilled printer to join their production team, to carry out the daily operation and maintenance of State of the art high volume Inkjet and Cut sheet Printing platforms to produce agreed daily output to a defined standard of quality, minimising machine downtime and stoppages so that the productivity of the Machine can be maximised.
This position demands organisation and ability to learn and understand the latest Inkjet technology. You need to be mechanically minded and ideally have experience of operating Web fed and Cut Sheet print machines.
The successful candidate chosen for this role will be responsible for the following:
• Report and Health and Safety matters immediately to Management
• Set and operate Print machines and produce required volume requirements on a daily basis in line with the daily production targets.
• Operate Sheeting machines to allow further reduction in volume through Cut sheet.
• Report any problems which may inhibit your performance to Print Manager or Shift Leader.
• Report any machine issues and Log calls to supplier for call out, ensure that logs are complete.
• Work in line with the Short Run Factory to ensure they have enough work and that output produced conforms to company requirements and client specification. Reporting any issues that may affect the quality of printed output, check output regularly.
• Manage and report stock levels for reorder, with the view to take on ordering of stock for Cut sheet.
• Manage your breaks in line with machine production maximising work available
• To be pro-active at all times within your team to help maximise productivity, actively seek to engage with other teams and to help create a positive place of work.
• Comply with company guidelines and procedures
• Follow company procedures for safe removal of waste inks and materials from printers
• To receive training for new or existing machinery, processes and procedures. To highlight to your line manager any personal training requirements
• To assist in the training and development of new staff as required
• To redeploy to other machines or departments where necessary and as requested
• To complete all necessary documentation to provide key performance indicator information on productivity, quality and reconciliation
• Minimise paper waste by efficiencies in machine operation, attention to detail and actively seeking methods to reduce waste
• To keep the work area clean and tidy at all times and comply with health and safety regulations
We are looking for flexible team players, able to manage work in accordance with deadlines and manage changing priorities. You must be open-minded and adaptable, and quick to learn new techniques. If you think you meet the criteria, then this is a great chance to join a well-established print and communications company.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.