A major player in its field is seeking a highly skilled QA Specialist to work with the EMEA Quality Manager in development, management and expansion of the Quality Management System of the site, and take a leading role in supporting the team within one of their largest sites.
If selected for the role, you will be responsible for the following:
• To provide, where requested, advice relating to the approval or rejection of starting materials, packaging materials, intermediate and final products.
• To ensure all specified quality testing is carried out.
• To ensure the site is auditable in all regards by managing the site audit schedule and when required, conducting site internal audits and leading external audits.
• To ensure the appropriate validations are done.
• To ensure that the required initial and continuing training of all department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
• To track, investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conforming products.
• To attend customer reviews and issue meetings as required.
• To track and report on KPI figures, identifying trends and where necessary produce corrective action plans to target trends in data.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience in the print/packaging industry with an understanding of artwork and prepress
• Experience developing documented procedures would be desirable
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards targets within a team environment
• Keen eye for accuracy and fine detail
• High level of determination when dealing with challenging situations
• Solid organisation, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
• Forward thinking and solutions orientated approach at all times
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior-level audience
• Formal internal / lead auditor training would be beneficial