We are looking for a key individual to support the achievement of our client’s business goals by managing the Laser Department through effective team leadership in organising the efficient and quality production of work to meet the planned schedules and customer specifications and to maximise productivity, profitability and on time delivery.
• Plan and control the production of work by fully utilising the equipment and producing work by the most economic method, ensuring maximum profitability is achieved and customer requirements are met.
• Ensure that a machine maintenance programme is in place to maximise machine uptime and ensure that a machine log is maintained for all breakdowns and is reported upon weekly.
• Liase with internal / external Customers acting as the centre of excellence for printing, mailing, finishing, consolidation, scanning and dispatch, also produce and run daily production meetings, outlining and risks and solutions for mitigation.
• Control all waste and minimise overtime to ensure maximum departmental profitability versus set budgets.
• Coach, train and counsel team members to achieve high standards and assist individual career development.
• Motivate the team members to ensure high standards of customer relations and to maintain our clients Quality Standards
• To ensure that we exceed targeted missed dispatches as set by the business.
• Use of OEE, 5S and Lean Methodologies to drive performance and continual improvements throughout operations.
• To have a good understanding of all equipment and to ensure that it is being operated in an efficient and effective manner in conjunction with the training department.
• Ensure the skills matrix is maintained accurately ensuring staff are
• Ensure all relevant paperwork including weekly reports are accurately completed in a timely manner.
• Communicate and act on special requests from other customers (collections/deliveries).
• React in a pro-active manner to any occurring incidents and liaise with Clients Services and Compliance ensuring internal SLA’s are meet of exceeding. Ensure all corrective actions are implemented and monitored.
• Ensuring there is constant communication between print/finishing and other teams.
• Any other duties as directed by your line manager.
• Good verbal and written communication, methodical with attention to detail.
• Effective listening skills and able to analyse information to make quality decisions
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions, understand and communicate complex instructions
• Able to motivate and supervise team and to influence and gain commitment form others
• Generate solutions to meet the Customer requirements
Good education to GCSE level
3+ years working within a manufacturing environment