We are looking for a key Print Manager to use a range of management skills to obtain the optimum work performance from the team in order to achieve targeted performance, quality and customer service.
This pivotal role requires someone whose experience is perfectly suited for this company. Candidates must have Inline 16pp experience of at least 10 years; Scitex heads; and Scheffer Inserter product capability for the Financial and Marketing marketplace.
1. To agree and achieve annual budgets for press performance.
2. To continually monitor the press operation and identify opportunities for improvement and out performance of estimates with use of MIS system.
3. To ensure daily production status reports are provided to the Production Planning by the requested time.
4. Ensure all printed products are cleared to the appropriate department or area promptly.
5. To ensure all finished products are packed to customer’s requirements and made available promptly to be despatched to finished goods warehouse.
6. To investigate performance variances daily and communicate this to Production Office and Managing Director.
7. To ensure production machinery is kept in good working order and that defects are rectified without delay, advising the Engineering Manager where maintenance support is required.
8. To determine the maximum amount of staff leave per shift in conjunction with other Managers to ensure production is not affected.
9. To performance manage, coach and train crews to achieve their aims in all areas of manufacturing excellence.
10. To involve all employees in development of the printing process, and to encourage innovation to find better ways of meeting customer demands.
11. To ensure that all employees are provided with adequate training to perform their duties and, where desired, developed to take on additional responsibility and meet set targets.
12. To identify and justify any opportunities for profitable capital investment for the machine.
13. To comply with the company’s quality procedures
14. To hold Improvement Group Meetings and brief staff of ongoing performance.
15. Ensure all risk assessments are completed and H&S criteria are adhered