You will be one of the packaging team managers in this global role. The key aspects of this role will be lead developer for brands developed by 3rd party suppliers and leading part of the packaging team.
To ensure packaging development achieves maximum financial return and results in innovative, exciting packaging that is compelling for customers. Candidates must have packaging development experience.
• To challenge current practices and suggest innovations that meet / exceed needs and drive for packaging development.
• To provide the latest innovation trends in packaging. This will include identifying current trends, manufacturing processes, and supplier capability to deliver innovative solutions to support NPD activity.
• To manage packaging resource plan and ensure its delivery to plan.
• To ensure that all relevant parties are aware of, and deliver against,
the work schedule.
• To set standards for the testing of packaging and ensure these are met.
• Maintain close relationships with the packaging buyers and supply chain leaders.
• Work with the buying function to ensure there is transparency in the packaging supply chain.
• Maintain and build solid relationships with packaging suppliers and have a good understanding of the packaging supply base.
• Provide packaging leadership and management for the development of new markets
• Manage multiple internal & external stakeholders; these include Brand Owners, Designers, Suppliers, Artwork Provider and Project Team members. Working collaborative and cross functional is key to success.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree educated either with a packaging design or technical packaging experience
• Minimum 5 years industry experience, ideally gained in a multi category retail
environment or supplier.
• Creativity and innovation
• Knowledge of packaging development
• Planning and organising skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work cross functionally
• Strong influencing skills
• Attention to detail
• Have knowledge and experience of packaging development in order to support Full Service and 3rd party projects to include tooling.
• Understand artwork development flow systems, with sound knowledge of print process and colour management across multiple substrates