We are seeking a multi skilled professional to manage and oversee people, equipment, workflow & quality assurance within the studio of a large-scale operation.
It is vital that on top of having a proven ability to manage projects and processes; candidates have the appropriate man-management skills, to hit the ground running in this role.
We are looking for an analytical individual and a keen problem solver who can see the bigger picture - improving production standards, workflow and innovation where necessary. A keen eye for detail is also highly important, as it will be your job to review design work from a quality-control perspective ahead of it reaching clients.
Details of the responsibilities are:-
• Organise and direct the operation of the pre-press and creative in the Studio to meet client requirements.
• Improve the workflow through the department and increase capacity by reducing double handling, improving processes and procedures, upskilling staff and bringing in new technology as appropriate with necessary approvals.
• Ensure correct deployment of competent staff across the shifts, and department to match production and client requirements. Ensure rotas and cover arrangements are in line with business needs and working time regulations.
• Ensure quality checks are carried out, works instructions followed and queries dealt with quickly and efficiently. Carry out regular checks on quality as work is going through to ensure we are meeting or exceeding client requirements.
• Ensure that work is checked off correctly prior to being sent to the Client, Customer Service or Print Departments across our client as a whole.
• Prioritise work in line with client needs, communicating with relevant departments to assist in the decision making process.
• Implement contact and escalation procedures.
• Performance monitoring, skills analysis, training and mentoring so that the department has a flexible team able to work across sectors and clients.
• Keep up to date with changes and developments within your field for our industry.
• Ensure effective handover communications are in place particularly with the night shift and weekend shifts.
If you enjoy a hands-on role, and thrive in working in a highly demanding role within a large organisation then this is the job for you.