Using state-of-the-art technology and an engaged and highly skilled workforce, our award-winning client designs, produces and delivers innovative print products to a loyal customer base. They are looking to expand their Commercial team, by bringing on someone to ensure all print projects are commercially viable in all aspects, including the estimating, scheduling, choice of production processes, outsourcing requirements and despatch methods.
They are looking for a commercially minded team player who takes a passionate approach to work. Candidates must have the ability to remain calm under pressure, capable of managing multiple priorities, and can efficiently and effectively carry out the following responsibilities:
• Managing print projects from briefs through to production and despatch.
• Attending production planning meetings, to brief production teams on current and upcoming jobs.
• Estimating jobs within the parameters set by the Head of Commercial & Innovation, adhering to client profile criteria that dictate SLAs and pricing standards.
• Continually developing own knowledge of current and new print and finishing methods and technologies as well as new and existing substrates.
• Exploring best methods for producing a printed item that both delivers and, where possible, exceeds client expectations.
• Advising and guiding clients and Customer Services Team on ‘best practice’ within print and finishing, from design through to despatch methods.
• Processing orders in adherence to company Standard Operating Procedures.
• Purchasing materials to fulfil orders processed.
• Monitoring own performance in accordance with departmental KPIs such as estimate turnaround time, milestone accuracy, estimate to order time.
• Monitoring and reporting on commerciality of estimates and jobs, including, but not exclusive to, Value Add, profitability, capture of actual versus estimated production timings and stock usage.
• Continually looking for and suggesting areas for improving company processes and procedures.
• Being proactive with clients and Client Service team pre-empting their requirements and sharing new ideas and product ideas.
• Attending and contributing to weekly departmental meetings.
• Contributing to product development and the implementation of new processes.
• Suggesting of potential new products and processes to improve business revenue.
• Maintaining knowledge of mailing and despatch options to correctly estimate and advice client and Client Services team of the ‘fit for purpose’ and most cost effective delivery method. Ability to remain calm under pressure
If you are innovative and solutions driven, and happy to challenge the status quo, looking to continually improve the business and self, then we would like to hear from you.